Saturday, February 20, 2010

How do you feel about Curling?


I'm watching Curling, is it a sport? Are the guys who slide rocks on ice athletes? Have you ever thought about whether or not your an artists? What makes an artist? One way of defining an artist: A person who practices any of the creative arts. Are you practicing? Did Picasso practice?

Don't forget to critique four of your classmates concentration pieces online. Use the elements and principles of art to intelligently give feedback to your classmates.

5 comments:

  1. OMG My dad and I were watching Curling together on Friday and got bored. Then we began wondering when they were going to put the real winter olympics on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. of course its a sport. it looks extremely hard. those guys/gals should be getting mad respect. and yeah im an artist... i make art. duh


    curlings dope. dont hate.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok so this what my dad and I decided :) curling is a sport because it takes practice and skill ( also it looks very hard) however we would put it into a category of something like snooker (pool). they have competitions and are respected because of their skill. But they do not belong in the olymipics . , if you are constantly growing and thinking while you create art. you are an artist.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sure it's a sport just not an olympic sport. I can't see them putting in the time and sacrifice that other athletes put in, in other categories.
    And yes I would consider myself to be an artist since I do this more than often.

    ReplyDelete
  5. k. so curling is the stupidest "sport" in the olympics. but soooo fun to watch. its so chill it just drags you in. i watched a lot of it.

    and. yeah. i would say im an artist. in more ways than just drawing too. some say that the way i walk is like the most sophisticated of dances. and others say my words come across as poetry and i've been told i look like i was painted by one of the greats.. but thats just what i hear

    ReplyDelete