Sunday, February 28, 2010

Check this guy out


Quote from the artist: The work I carry out involves using torches; I use many kinds: standard household torches, penlights, LED torches, LED strips, florescent bulbs, flashing lights, flash-lights…anything from very dim, to ultra bright… anything goes, depending on what I set out to achieve.

I set one golden rule; absolutely NO photo editing… everything I do is captured in one exposure. On rare occasions I will crop an image, or use slight colour correction, but these are few and far between, which means composition, correct colour and light, aperture, shutter speed, ISO, the complete works all take place in-camera. By doing all this, my work becomes 100% authentic… in other words, what you see is what you get. I do not use wires or rigs of any kind... everything I create is done freestyle... I find the process organic, mesmerising, magical...

He calls it light graffiti

more photos of his work http://www.michaelbosanko.com/

8 comments:

  1. Very cool, looks like something that would be fun to try, if I knew how. I especially like the one of the green tree that looks like its on fire

    ReplyDelete
  2. i wouldnt go as far as calling it graffiti. its cool. im sure its really hard to do. the flowers and butterflys arent cutting it for me though. there were a couple of the photos where the trees looked pretty amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the no editing. I feel like people rely on editing and technology too much. We should just all develop our own film.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow i like this alot! I agree with Lindsay, I like his whole idea on not editing

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is one of those things that I have seen alot by amateur photographers, but never by a professional. I have trouble accepting some of his pictures as real fine art.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i think its cool but that he needs to do more things with it. also it reminds me of this thing on TV and there people were drawing at night in the air and lighted lines would come up. it looks just like this. i wonder if he helped with it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. ooohhh aaahhhhh! pretty. I love the way in which he plays with the light. the monster is my favorite because of its depth

    ReplyDelete